Scanning a Document on Mobile
To upload a document to send to your accountant, you can use Canopy's scan-to feature in the app.
|Please note: The steps given are similar across iOS and Android. As long as you follow your phone's on-screen info, there won't be any issues!
1. Click Add a file on the Files tab and tap Scan with camera.
- Your phone's camera will open.
- If this is your first time using your camera in the Client Portal app, you need to allow Canopy to access your camera.
2. Align your document with the blue scan box that appears.
3. Tap the Shutter button.
- On iOS, the box lines up and will automatically take the photo.
4. Continue taking photos of any more pages.
5. When finished, click Save (#).
6. Select the type of document you are uploading, or input a new document type.
- The file name will default to YYYY-MM-ClientName-FileType.pdf.
- The document will appear in your files folder in the mobile app.
- Be aware that Custom file name is also an option you can choose from!
7. Select Upload to complete the scan.
8. To delete the file, click the Delete icon in line with the file.