Scanning a Document on Mobile
If you need to upload a physical document to send to your accountant, you can use Canopy's scan-to functionality to transfer the document digitally. To begin, click Add a file on the Files tab.
|Please note: While the instructions provided here are similar across iOS and Android, the Android process may be slightly different. Follow your phone's on-screen information to complete a scan.
1. Tap Scan with camera.
- Your phone's camera will open.
- If this is your first time using your camera in the Client Portal app, you may need to authorize Canopy to access your camera.
2. Align your document with the blue scan box that appears.
3. Tap the Shutter button.
- On iOS, the photo will automatically be taken when the box is lined up.
4. Continue taking photos of any additional documents.
5. When finished, click Save (#) where the # is replaced by how many photos you have taken.
6. Select the type of document you are uploading, or input a new document type.
- The file name will default to YYYY-MM-ClientName-FileType.pdf.
- The document will appear in your files folder in the mobile app.
7. To delete the file, click the Delete icon.