Complete an eSign Request in the Client Portal
Your account may send you a request to securely sign documents electronically. You can add your signature to documents in the Client Portal by utilizing Canopy's eSign feature. eSign Requests will appear on your To-do list in the Client Portal and are represented by a pen signing icon. To get started, log in to your Client Portal.
1. Navigate to your To-do list on the left-side column.
2. Select an eSign Request from the To-do list. eSign Requests are represented by a pen signing icon.
4. Click on View and sign to see the document.
5. Click on a green My Signature box.
6. Enter your name in the provided text box.
7. Select a Signature Style from the available options.
8. Check the I agree to be legally bound by this document box.
9. Click Add signature.
Completing Knowledge Based Authentication
Knowledge based authentication (KBA) allows your accountant to verify that the correct individual has signed a document. When your accountant sends you a KBA eSign request, you will be required to enter authentication information to verify your identity. The authentication process is timed. If the authentication process is failed twice, you will be required to manually sign the document. To get started with the KBA process, navigate to your To-do List in the client portal.
1. Select an eSign Request from the To-do list. eSign Requests are represented by a pen signing icon.
2. Click on View and sign to see the document.
3. Click I'm ready to begin the Signer Authentication process.
4. Enter your ID information and click Begin.
- Any information your client has saved to your record will auto-populate the appropriate ID fields.
5. Select an answer for the authentication questions and click Next.
6. Select an answer for the final section and click Submit answers.
7. Follow the eSign instructions above.
Completing eSign after a Failed KBA
If you fail the KBA process twice, you will be unable to use the online eSign function. Instead, you will need to download, print, and manually sign the document. Once manually signed, you can upload the document to the eSign request.
1. Click the Download icon to download the eSign document.
2. Click Print icon to print the document.
3. Sign the document and scan it to your computer.
4. Click Choose file and select the signed file from your computer.
5. Click Upload and send.
- The signed file will be sent to your accountant for review.